We’ve been interacting with technology by way of our hands and fingers for decades now. First, there is the keyboard and then a mouse and then the touchscreen. They all took advantage of our evolutionary ability to manipulate objects with our fingers. You see a thing you touch it and something changes. Now it’s second nature with touchscreens we added a whole new language. Suddenly it wasn’t just tapping and clicking there was also pinching zooming three finger slides but we’re still just basically working on small displays. What if we could do all these on a giant screen? What if we could do it much faster than before? Well, a step towards that is the touchscreen PCs.
An introduction to touch panel PC solutions
This era is all about touch. We’re used to it on our phones we’re used to it on our tablets on our laptops now we want to see it on the desktop. So, this is basically a desktop all-in-one era. Not only we will be able to work on the giant touchscreens these PCs are loaded with great fast features. With the advancement of processors, GPU, and RAMs these devices perform very fast. Samsung invented its touchscreen PCs on 2013. From then on giants like Apple and Microsoft are focusing on the touchscreen PCs.
Now, many companies like Lenovo, Dell, Hp, Sony everyone have created their touchscreen PCs. The phones are becoming larger, the tablets are becoming faster and now with the invention touchscreen PCs, we take the technology to the new level.
Why is the world shifting to touch panel technology?
- Speed: Touch screens help us operate any apparatus quicker.
- Ease of Use: One major advantage touch screens have over other input methods is ease of use.
- Everyone’s an Expert in Touch: Pointing at something you need is an intuitive gesture. That’s the reason why touchscreens have always been labeled as being intuitive.
- Device Size: By combining the data entry system with the screen, you decrease the total size of the computer or device.
- Accessibility: Touch screens may also be of incredible value when accommodating users with physical limitations.
The benefits of using touchscreen panel PCs in commercial and industrial settings
Everything is becoming portable. Without a touchscreen display, portability is out of the question. Mobile phones and tablets are always portable. However, it can perform only low-end functions. We need a powerful processor, more RAM and GPU to do any action on the PCs fast. With the invention on touchscreen PCs, this dream has come true.
- Touchscreen PCs combine the best features of notebooks and tablets and even mobiles. If you use digital art programs, you may no longer need to use a track pad or tablet to sketch, saving loads of money in the long term.
- Likewise, with the stylus and touchscreen PCs, it is simple to write notes: quite convenient if you write faster than you type. Recognition software can transform your writing into electronic form.
The potential setbacks of using touch screen panel PCs
The only means to operate a growing number of modern apparatus, from smartphones to cash machines and automobiles, is the using a finger on a resistive touchscreen, using a tap for this and also a swipe for it. But sometimes such actions don’t work all that well. It’s easy to miss the necessary key on a virtual keyboard and create spelling errors. At times the capacitive display fails to respond whatsoever.
- Experiments have demonstrated that the battery life is decreased by as much as 4hrs in a touchscreen PCs, even if you don’t use it, but for desktop solutions this isn’t an issue
- Most touchscreen versions, particularly in the low to mid price range are noticeably heavier and thicker than their static display twin.
- Not Needed…yet. Besides a few games, at this point 99% of windows programs and apps are constructed with the mouse in mind, limiting any great advantage in using the touchscreen.
Overall, at this point of time touchscreen PCs does adds benefits to our day to day living. However, there are few shortcoming which we can expect it to be solved in the near future.