An Open Frame Monitor is a monitor display that comes without an bezel confinement or enclosure around it bare metal chassis. The chassis is where all of its inner components are bolted to.
Now, let’s look at the 20 reasons to use open frame monitors in construction
1. One of the many advantages to owning an open frame monitor is that you can customize your enclosure design as per your needs and suiting
2. It comes with a direct drop-in design, hence, compared to the back-end VESA mount, you get the added flexibility of using perimeter flange-mount points.
3. Using an open frame LCD monitor helps save a lot of space. The touch screen also allows the user to access commands without the need of a keyboard. You do not need any additional equipment as well.
4. Rugged Chassis – these open frame monitors are designed to absorb shock; hence, it is likely to get less damaged through direct physical impact and is an ideal monitor in a construction site environment.
5. It is portable. Since these monitors are light weight they can be easily hoisted on a bracket or rack.
6. Most brands provide open frame touch screen monitors that come with a viewable area, meaning, their designs are in unison to previously launched designs and are backwards compatible and interchangeable.
7. Unlike regular open frame monitors, open frame touch screen monitors are meant for consumer use and not industrial use.
8. Open frame monitors are versatile and can be connected to host application through a number of interfaces like rack mount, VESA mount or USB among others.
9. Few open frame monitors can be used in sunny side too, since they come with 700/100 nits brightness compared to other close framed panels.
10. These monitors also come with a range of -20 ~ to 45/50/60-degree Celsius wide operating temperature as well as optional resistive touchscreens.
11. Few open frame monitors have integrated brackets to ease installation and setting up process.
12. The screens come in a variety of sizes between 15 to 21 inches and can be TFT LCD touch screen, or flexible options between LCD, Touchscreens, signal interface as well as chassis mounting.
13. Depending on the model you buy, your screen resolution changes too; 6.5 inches with a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels, 10.4 inches with a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, 12.1 inches with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, so on and so forth.
14. Most of these are ideal for embedded applications.
15. You can also compare between protective capacitive touchscreens and optional resistive touchscreens.
16. Open frame monitors have multiple use case applications.
17. These monitors are better for those looking to custom build and assemble a desktop for themselves instead of opting for desktop panel.
18. Some of these monitor can be used with XGA graphic card.
19. You can opt for custom designs with materials used ranging from plastic, metal and wood.
20. Open frame monitors are designed for long term usage.
So, if you intend to purchase one you can look up to the aforementioned 20 reasons to use open frame monitors – understand your requirements, needs and usage purposes and invest in one with a reliable touch display manufacturer in USA.