faytech Sunlight Readable Monitors Displays
Sunlight monitor technoglogy ito deal with heat and glare
As technology continues to advance it becomes more and more dependent upon in certain industries. Industries that work with manufacturing warehouses, construction workers, armed forces and much more work all across the world in different temperatures and climates so technology has to adapt. Well indeed it has, we can work from just about anywhere on the planet under the brightest light due to our high brightness LCD monitors.
Professions such as construction, or even the armed forces, have to put up with the heat during select seasons of the year and if it’s not the heat they battle the glare from the sun. If anyone has tried to look at their phone or laptop while outdoors you would understand how hard it is to see any type of display without shading it. T
Against extreme environments
These monitors are also equipped to put up with many other extreme environments
- Sealed for liquid proof protection along from dust and other contaminants.
- Rugged metal frame to protect the contents inside from blunt contact.
- Vibrant display of LCD Resolution
- The protective glass that won’t crack when struck or dropped.
- Exterior connections are environmentally sealed from dust and dirt.
To perfect the sunlight viewable monitors, some manufacturers have gone beyond just increasing the backlight brightness. They went ahead and added a highly reflective backlight that reflects ambient light back out of the high brightness monitor. This addition doesn’t require any additional power which means there is no need for additional cooling units. Word of advice, make sure the manufacturer isn’t overdriving the backlighting lamps as this will decrease the lifespan of the monitor from around 50,000 hours to 20,000 hours. Once it reaches this 20,000-hour mark the lighting will decrease by half and 1-5% every 1,000 hours after that.
Questions to Ask
These sunlight readable monitor displays are available in any size and should come with an average 50,000-hour warranty. When consulting with a display retailer make sure to ask questions like:
- Are you using value-added services for your backlighting?
- Are you over driving the backlighting by making the monitor readable?
- Will this display system last more the 50,000 hours?
- Is there any type of warranty with the display system?
Hopefully, this helps anyone who is interested in purchasing sunlight readable monitors. Just remember they are not all created equally, so make sure you are getting the most for your money before you purchase these display systems.
Benefits of Sunlight Readable Monitor
Digital screens are becoming the order of the day as the masses have realized the potential of the same, especially in arenas of advertising and industrial displays. However, a new trend has begun, which is set to change the way people look (literally!) at digital displays in the future. A large number of firms are opting in for an upgrade to sunlight readable displays from the conventional ones, which showcases the rising popularity of the same.
So what are the reasons behind sunlight readable displays attaining such attention even from conservative loyalists of their regular counterparts? Here are some answers:
Rise in Outdoor Advertising
- Outdoor advertising has gained ground, especially with digital screens. As these offer more flexibility and attention from the potential consumer base, they have increased in number. However conventional screens only allowed such campaigns to be feasible after evening set in. sunlight readable displays have helped improve profits and attention span of clients considerably.
Increase in Public Usage
- Road signs, warnings, traffic information, time display units and others have started implementing ultra high brightness monitors. This is an important development as such digital screens have become the staple medium for traffic lights and information signs.
Power Consumption Issues
- To make conventional digital screens legible even in daylight, the brightness and contrast-ratio have to be vastly increased. This consumes a lot of power, which negates the potential profits one can gain from such industrial computer systems or advertising displays. Sunlight readable displays, on the other hand, can help bring down the power consumption costs considerably.
Apart from the usual backlights that help improve the readability of such LCD screens even in direct sun light, there are other alternatives available too. The anti-glare glass is one of the most common entities that can be installed over a conventional digital screen to make it readable. However, drawbacks of such anti-glare glasses range from low brightness to brittle frames. Moreover, they are only half as effective as off-the-shelf sunlight readable displays, with the latter being used for industrial as well as military purposes.
Today, there are hundreds of online portals that offer a vast range of such digital screens for you to choose from. ‘i-techcompany.com’ is one of the leading sites on the web, where you can compare and choose such screens with contrast ratios as high as 3000:1, without having to worry about authenticity or heavy prices.
Sunlight Readable Displays For Outdoor Digital Advertising
We are all aware that if you cannot see the screen, a dynamic, digital advertising solution is both a waste of time and money, so the first thing any installer has to do is establish that the screen or display can be seen in bright sun light. The solution is a sunlight readable display, but do you know the differences?
Comparing to a standard flat panel
This is as the name suggests, a flat screen that had a special screen that used LED s to backlight it and produce a bright, vivid screen, these vary from 1,000 to 10,000 nits, nits is the same as Candela per square Metre or (Cdm2), a standard TV for the home has a Cdm2 of up to 450, but it is widely thought that anything less than 1,000 Cdm2 would be useless as a display outdoors. As you can imagine, prices vary according to specification and the brighter the screen the more expensive they are.
Curved sunlight bright displays – touch screens that enhance productivity and efficiency
These screens are in the range of 7,000 CD/m2 (or 7,000 nits) making it certainly sun light readable, with the added twist of being curved, so the add could be seen on all sides through 360 degrees. Each panel comes in 63″ diagonal screen size, with a pixel pitch of 20mm, in a one meter area there are 2,500 pixels, this panel has an operating temperature of -30 to 50 Celsius and is IP65 rated. The lifespan of this panel is 100,000 hours and can be seen from a huge distance.